December 31, 2016 in My Blog
It is important to put as much effort in the exterior looks of your home as you do with the interior of your home. And one of the best ways to enhance the exterior of your home is through landscaping. With good landscaping you can create a really good first impression when people look at your home because when you have an amazing lawn you can no doubt blow people away in amazement.
Top notch landscapers have the ability to improve the curb appeal of your house.
There are also a lot of reasons why people will want to improve their home’s landscaping, such as pride or they just simply want it to look nice. If you do not want to do landscaping on your own, then you can hire professional to do it for you.
There are many services that landscapers can for you:
1. The first type of service that is provided by landscapers is fertilization. If you want your lawn to look great, then it is always a good idea to fertilization a few times throughout the year.
2. Another service offered by landscaping professionals is landscape design. This is important because they will help make your lawn look great and well put together. When you go and start doing landscaping without a good design and plan in mind, then it will look like a mess which is the last thing you will want.
3. Aeration is very important. This will basically pull out some plugs of soil, thatch, and grass to allow your lawn to breathe better. And when your plants breathe better then they can grow better and look better as well, which will benefit your entire property.
4. Hardscaping is yet another service offered by landscapers and this is basically where they will install stone or brick pathways, install a patio, or build a fire pit for you.
5. Landscape lighting is the fifth service offered by landscaping professionals in order to provide lighting outdoors in order to show off your lawn at night and improve your visibility.
6. Leaf removal is the sixth service commonly offered by landscaping services. Usually you will have to pay around $350 but this service can free up a lot of your time.
Planning out Your Landscaping Project
Unless you live in an area where it is summer all year round, you will want to plan out your landscaping projects. Make sure you do your research as well as figure out who is the best of the best when shopping around for landscaping professionals.
When you plan out your landscaping projects, this will also help you envision what you need to do and what you will want to do to achieve your desired look. There are a lot of things to consider when planning out your landscaping though, and sometimes you may want to hire the help of a professional designer to give you a hand, especially in regards to engineering issues you may end up facing.
1. When landscaping, you will want to take into account utilization, which means figuring out the purpose for your lawn. Is it for entertaining, for privacy, or just aesthetic purposes? This is important to consider because this will determine the direction you will go when planning out what you want to do with your lawn and how it will look and function.
2. When planning out your landscaping, it is always a good idea to check out some images, videos, and other lawns to get inspired and to help you figure out what you want. It can be a challenge to come up with ideas from scratch, so checking out the landscapes around you is a great way for you to develop your own ideas and your own twists you can use for landscaping.
3. Do your landscaping in steps. You do not have to do the whole thing at the same time but rather it is better to do it in phases to ensure that the project will not become overwhelming.
4. If you have the skills you then you may want to do it on your own but usually you may want to hire a professional. Professional landscapers know the ins and outs on the engineering issues of a lawn and how to deal with those problems as well as provide you with what you want.
Ideas for Landscaping
When you are figuring out what you want to do, just be creative because the possibilities are limitless. Do not get stressed out trying to figure out some ideas. It is suppose to be fun and creative, so relax and have fun.
1. Planting some flower beds is a great way to make your home look great and these flower beds can come in any size and shape you want. This is a very effective method of improving the look of your lawn because you can design he flower beds in any way you want, without any trouble.
2. If you want the landscaping to look great, then it is vital that you do not forget the mulch, as this will help your soil maintain its moisture.
3. A great way to bring some aesthetic to your landscaping is through hanging plants, so keep that into thought. There is a lot of different types of ways you can have hanging plants and this is a great way to spruce up your home, especially if you do not have much space for landscaping.
4. If you want to entertain or use your lawn, then having a patio built is the way to go. A patio is great because there are so many different options available to you, because you can use it for parties, for just simply relaxing outside, and you can use it as a place to barbeque up some great food.
Curb Appeal Landscaping
One of the most important things to think about when landscaping, is the first impression so put some effort into your curb appeal. Curb appeal will also make your home look more enticing and it will improve its value as well.
Always ensure your yard is clean and not filled with trash or other kinds of debris as well.
If you want people to be impressed of your house, then put in some time to prune up your plants. You can’t showcase your home if it can’t be seen from the street. After all, people can’t see your home if overgrown trees and plants are blocking the view.
If you have no plants in your front yard then planting a beautiful tree is a great way to improve the aesthetic.
Landscaping on the Lakefront
A lot of people want to have a home that is along the lake because not only is the view beautiful but it is also fun because you can go swimming anytime you want. However, it is important to ensure you can have some excellent landscaping if you own a lake house. So just keep that into account.
Lighting for Landscapes
If you want your lawn to look great at night, then consider landscape lighting. This will also improve the security of your home as well. Also, when you have some top notch lighting on your property, there are a lot of advantages you can enjoy besides the fact you can see your lawn and improve the security of your property. Some of these benefits will include being able to have parties and social events even when the sun goes down.
There is many ways you can do landscape lighting as well:
1. The first method you can use is called downlighting. This is where you will shine light down in order to improve the beauty and drama of your lawn.
2. Uplighting which is used to improve the color, size, and texture of your landscaping.
3. Moonlighting which is a soft and nature glow. This is good if you want your lawn to have an atmospheric and calm feeling at night. This is great for when you have guests over and you want to have a nice peaceful get together or just simply having a peaceful evening out on your lawn.
4. Spotlighting is where you will have a light shining on a particular feature of your landscaping. This is very useful when you have a particular part of your landscaping that you are proud of, such as a fountain or even some nice looking plants.
Hiring a Professional Landscaper
Landscapers are artists and they know exactly how to turn your lawn into a masterpiece. However, there are different kinds of landscapers you will want to consider:
1. The landscaper is the professional that can generally do it all from modifying, replacing, building, maintenance, and all of the basics of landscaping.
2. The landscape architect will help you with planning out your projects and figuring out what you can and can’t do because of the lay of the land. These people are needed when you plan on doing a large landscaping project.
3. Landscape designers are useful because they can help you with all of the details and the small things of your landscaping. They are professionals in putting everything together and making sure that it all looks great.
4. Tree service and certified arborists are vital when you have a lot of trees as they will maintain your trees, protect your trees, and deal with pests as well as diseases.
5. And the last landscaping professional will be the gardener. These professionals will handle all of the maintenance such as feeding the plants, taking care of them, removing the dead plants, and all of the chores in order to keep your lawn looking great.
Article courtesy of The Native Plant Center